We Take Our Review Process Very Seriously
Here Is How We Go About It With Every Supplement
There are lots of supplement review sites out there.
We see ourselves as more than just a supplement review site, but nootropic, vision enhancer, sleep aids, and pre-biotic supplement reviews do make up the bulk of our content.
It’s important to us that we have a transparent review process. That way, you know exactly how we’ve arrived at our conclusions, what sort of things we’ve considered, and how high our standards are – or to put that another way, what we mean by “good”.
Our Review Process
We spend hours scouring the internet for the latest products to hit the market.
We don’t just review everything we lay eyes on. We specifically look for products that look interesting, that we feel need to be reviewed, or that are gaining popularity very quickly. If we just reviewed every supplement we came across, we’d spend a year writing about the same white label nootropic stack over and over again.
So we begin by looking at various merchant sites, product forums, and social media platforms looking for an interesting product to review.
We look to see if it fits in with our product categories.
We ask ourselves; will our readers care about this supplement?
If the answer to that question is “yes”, then we review it.
Our process looks like this:
- We gather information on the manufacturer – What products do they have on sale? Where are they based? Are they trustworthy?
- We look at what the product is claiming to do – Is it a short-term focus enhancer? Is it a long-term memory booster? Are the claims reasonable?
- Next comes the most important part; the formula analysis – Are the ingredients proven to work by independent clinical studies? Is the dose correct for what we want to achieve? How do the ingredients work together?
- We discuss the limitations of the formula based on our research as well as our own experiences
- We look at the main side effect risks – To do this we take each ingredient and see what kind of side effect have been reported in clinical trials and on forums. Normally we don’t value personal experiences but with side effects we err on the side of caution and include all the data we can
- We discuss value for money – Is the formula really worth the price tag? Or can you get something similar for a much lower price? In other words, are you paying for the raw material or the fancy label?
- Finally, we compare the product with our favorite products in the same category – Is there a better option for what you are looking to achieve? Can you get better value for money elsewhere? Can you get better results using a similar product?
That’s how we do it.
So why do we keep things so regimented?
We go through exactly the same process when reviewing every single supplement discussed on this site. It doesn’t matter if it’s a nootropic, a pre-biotic, a vision enhancer, or a sleep aid; the same system applies to all of them.
We try to use the same or very similar sources for information. We don’t mean that we try to use the exact same websites; we mean we do our best to use the same kind of sources.
Our research will almost exclusively be limited to the following sources:
- Independent, peer-reviewed studies
- Clinical trials
- Journal articles
- Articles from respected, scientific websites/magazines
We keep the process uniform so that it is easy to compare different supplements. The same standard of quality applies to everyone.
If something is listed as a negative, then it’s a negative for every product that has that same feature.
This makes us completely different to some of the other supplement review sites out there – we actually have set standards!
Here are some of the things that we don’t want to see in a supplement:
- Proprietary blends
- Proprietary blends containing ‘fillers’ and dud ingredients
- Unknown stimulant doses
- Multiple stimulants
- Coffee or Guarana Extract with no stated caffeine dose
- Extracts with no stated potency
- Useless herbal extracts
- Potentially harmful substances
- Substances known to cause side effects
- Sub-standard ingredients
- Synthetic brain drugs
If we see these things in a formula, we will criticize the stack for it and mark it down.
We don’t care how the manufacturer justifies it, or what random people on the internet have to say about it; we’ll score it according to our standards.
What We Don’t Do
We aren’t scientists, doctors, or qualified health professionals. As such, we do not provide professional medical advice.
We don’t provide comprehensive overviews of all possible dangers associated with each substance. To do that, we’d need to know your own specific medical history.
All we do is publish our opinion on popular commercially available supplements. This opinion is based on extensive research and personal experiences.
Got a stack you’d like us to review?
Get in touch! See our contact page here.
Don’t approach us with offers of monetary compensation for a positive review. It’s not going to happen!